2016: Ready or not, here we come!
2016: Ready or Not, Here We Come!
Are you making some changes, ripping out pages?
As a young girl (OK, until a few years ago) I made a long list of New Year’s resolutions. And, every year I set myself up for failure. Sound familiar? Is your New Year’s resolution list a bit over the top?
“I see, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.”
Allison’s, “I am not going to do list for 2016”
1. Close my mouth and just say NO to more cookies
2. Go on a diet – no – just make better choices
3. Stop buying Lattes every morning
4. Don’t stop going to the coffee shop just buy black coffee
5. Call mom more often
6. Tell mom to stop texting me
7. Watch less TV
8. Watch more Jane the Virgin
9. Don’t start the day on Facebook
10. Hold camera higher for next selfie to put on Facebook
11. Stop swearing
12. Put the cookie down, call my therapist, and stop obsessing over my #@$% list!
See what I mean? Stop the madness before it starts!
My 2016 Tips from the Trail: Keep it simple. Keep it real. Be kind to yourself, and consider following Don Miguel Ruiz’ Four Agreements for the coming year.
1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don’t take anything personally.
3. Don’t make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.
If you want to read more about the 4 agreements, check out Dr. John Johnson’s commentary in Psychology Today.
Now, take on the day and move into 2016 with a song in your heart and a skip in your step.
“I’m gonna make changes. Tear out some pages. I’m gonna make changes now.” ~ Longhorne Slim and the Law.
Happy Trails to you and yours as you close out 2015! Peace, Allison