2019: Ready or not, here we come!
Posted by: Your Emotional Sherpa®, December 29, 2015
2019: Ready or Not, Here We Come!
Are you making some changes, ripping out pages?
As a young girl (OK, until a few years ago) I made a long list of New Year’s resolutions. And, every year I set myself up for failure. Sound familiar? Is your New Year’s resolution list a bit over the top?
Here’s my “I am not going To Do resolution list for 2019: “
1. I will not just say NO to more cookies,
2. I will not go on a diet – I’ll just make better choices,
3. I will not stop drinking coffee every morning,
4. I will tell mom to stop texting me and I will promise I’ll call every Sunday,
5. I won’t stop watching Shameless,
6. I won’t start my day on Facebook – ever!
7.I probably won’t stop swearing
See what I mean? Stop the madness before it starts!
My 2019 Tips from the Trail: Keep it simple. Keep it real. Be kind to yourself, and consider following Don Miguel Ruiz’ Four Agreements for the coming year.
1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don’t take anything personally.
3. Don’t make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.
Now, take on the day and move into 2019 with a song in your heart and a skip in your step.
“I’m gonna make changes. Tear out some pages. I’m gonna make changes now.” ~ Longhorne Slim and the Law.
Happy Trails to you and yours as you close out 2018! Peace, Allison