Can’t Keep it Together?
Be kind to yourself. Recognize that this is who you are and enjoy the ride. When you find yourself scattered, STOPP and regroup. Refer back to the blogs that discuss easy mindfulness meditation techniques.
Try this method of staying focused on project completion.
– Choose 4 tasks, or projects
– Set your phone timer for 5 minutes
– Work on project 1 for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, stop and move to project 2. Work on project 2 for 5 minutes. Continue with this pattern for projects 3 and 4.
– After the first cycle has finished, increase the time allotment for each project to 10 minutes. The idea is to stop exactly when the timer goes off and move onto the next project without wasting time.
– Continue to increase the time allotment by 5 minute increments for each cycle.
This method helps you get focused on each task. Self imposed time limits keep you from going on tangents while you work.
Seek therapy if you are experiencing anxiety, which may be interfering with your daily activities. Sometimes we need support to get ourselves back on track.
Follow up with an excellent journal discussing more time management skill building tools.
Now, go on and take on the day; one project at a time!
Happy trails, Allison